Τhe Research Lab entitled «Condensed Matter Physics Laboratory» – «CoMPhy Lab») it was established in order to cover the teaching and research activities in the field of Condensed Matter Physics. It was established in 2021.
The laboratory aims to
a) cover the teaching needs and the education of the students of the Physics Department at undergraduate and postgraduate level in the following areas:
1. Condensed Matter Physics: both in solid and fluid state as well as across multiple spatial scales: nanoscale, micro scale, macroscale.
2. Theoretical and Computational methods and techniques across multiple scales in Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science.
3. Study and analysis of physicochemical properties of condensed matter systems.
4. Methods for studying, analyzing behavior and predicting properties of complex dynamical systems using both analytical and simulation methods along with data analytics.
b) conduct research focusing on:
1. Computational and theoretical study of physicochemical properties of condensed matter systems.
2. Computational and theoretical study of systems that present analogies with condensed matter systems (such as economic, social and other physical systems of complex behavior and interactions).
3. Experimental study and analysis of physicochemical properties of condensed matter systems.
4. Design of new materials for applications using computer methods in multiple scales and appropriate experimental technical procedures.